Viasat launches VoIP designed for satellite internet
The new satellite-based VoIP phone service offers significant cost savings over landline service
Viasat, a global communications company based out of Carlsbad, California, announced its new Viasat Business Voice satellite-based voice over internet protocol (VoIP) phone service today.
This cloud-based service uses Viasat’s network of satellites to provide high-speed and high-quality internet phone service. The company is targeting small and medium businesses that have, thus far, relied on landlines and cellular services.
"Businesses like restaurants, boutiques, professional and personal services, public administration, construction and more no longer need to settle for traditional, expensive landline phone service or unreliable cell coverage to scale business communications," said Cody Catalena, vice president and general manager, global business solutions, Viasat.
An analysis of VoIP phone service by FinancesOnline.com showed that moving from a traditional landline phone service to VoIP can save a business as much as 75% on their communications costs. While the hardware businesses need to switch over to a VoIP can be costly, it’s likely to pay off in the long run.
Viasat Business Voice a variety of features including:
- Up to four lines of voice, including one desktop phone for each line
- A mobile-dialing app with follow-me capabilities that allows users to answer calls made to their business phone number on any cell phone when they’re away from the office
- Network prioritization for reliable and clear connections
- Unlimited local calling in the U.S., Mexico and Canada
- Traditional business phone features such as three-way calling, call transfer, call forwarding, call waiting, directory listing, caller ID, voicemail and do-not-disturb.
Businesses can learn more at the Viasat Business Voice homepage.
Activation playbook: Deliver data that powers impactful, game-changing campaigns
Bringing together data and technology to drive better business outcomesFree Download
In unpredictable times, a data strategy is key
Data processes are crucial to guide decisions and drive business growthFree Download
Achieving resiliency with Everything-as-a-Service (XAAS)
Transforming the enterprise IT landscapeFree Download
What is contextual analytics?
Creating more customer value in HR software applicationsFree Download