Software development is changing. Instead of separate, siloed development, operations and testing teams working in isolation on different elements of massive, monolithic applications, companies are adopting newer and more agile methods, using DevOps practises to build cloud-native applications in a faster and more effective manner.
This journey isn’t always easy, though and many organisations find it challenging to spin up a successful DevOps competency at enterprise scale. In this week’s IT Pro Podcast, we’re joined by Jon Topper, founder and CEO of The Scale Factory, to learn more about how enterprises can make their cloud deployments a success and implement DevOps methodologies to supercharge their development lifecycles.
Elsewhere, we take a look at a rather embarrassing Microsoft data leak, Glenn Greenwald’s arrest for alleged cybercrimes in Brazil, and IBM’s financial reversal of fortunes.
- Misconfigured security command exposes 250 million Microsoft customer records
- Journalist Glenn Greenwald charged with cyber crimes in Brazil
- Cloud fuels IBM’s first quarter of growth since 2018
- What is DevOps?
- Why container tech is the backbone of DevOps
- DevOps salaries increase as businesses embrace new ways of working
- Is the tech skills shortage holding back DevOps growth?
- What is agile development?
- Agile vs waterfall
- What is DevSecOps and why is it important?
Get the ITPro. daily newsletter
Receive our latest news, industry updates, featured resources and more. Sign up today to receive our FREE report on AI cyber crime & security - newly updated for 2023.
ITPro is a global business technology website providing the latest news, analysis, and business insight for IT decision-makers. Whether it's cyber security, cloud computing, IT infrastructure, or business strategy, we aim to equip leaders with the data they need to make informed IT investments.