The IT Pro Podcast: How hackers steal your password
How does password compromise happen, and how can you prevent it?
Passwords are the foundations of our digital identity, which makes them rich targets for cyber criminals. With the right password, a hacker can accomplish all sorts of nefarious tasks, including theft, fraud and impersonation. So how exactly do hackers manage to make off with our passwords, and what can be done to stop them?
In this episode, we discuss the methods - both simple and complex - that cyber criminals can employ to pilfer our credentials, including data breaches, watering hole attacks and social engineering, as well as how you can safeguard yourself against falling victim.
- The IT Pro Podcast Special Edition: Fighting password compromise
- The top 12 password-cracking techniques used by hackers
- What is phishing?
- 10 quick tips to identifying phishing emails
- What are you giving away on social media?
- The IT Pro Podcast: The psychology of security
- Have I Been Pwned: Check if your email has been compromised in a data breach
- LastPass hacked - what you should do
- What is two-factor authentication?
- Simplify cluster security at scale
- The IT Pro Podcast: The secret life of hackers
- How to check if your passwords have been stolen
- If not passwords then what?
- 4 quick tips to create an unbreakable password
- Apple releases open source tools for password manager developers
- HTTP vs HTTPS: What difference does it make to security?
- Most malware came through HTTPS connections in Q1 2020
- Wikipedia: John Titor
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Security analytics for your multi-cloud deployments
IBM Security QRadar SIEM solution briefDownload now
Five reasons to move to the cloud
Join the enterprises moving their workloads to the cloudDownload now
Architecting hybrid IT and edge for digital advantage
Why business leaders should consider a hybrid IT strategyDownload now
Six reasons to accelerate remote asset monitoring with AI
How to optimise resources, increase productivity, and grow profit margins with AIDownload now