Passwords are the foundations of our digital identity, which makes them rich targets for cyber criminals. With the right password, a hacker can accomplish all sorts of nefarious tasks, including theft, fraud and impersonation. So how exactly do hackers manage to make off with our passwords, and what can be done to stop them?
In this episode, we discuss the methods - both simple and complex - that cyber criminals can employ to pilfer our credentials, including data breaches, watering hole attacks and social engineering, as well as how you can safeguard yourself against falling victim.
- The IT Pro Podcast Special Edition: Fighting password compromise
- The top 12 password-cracking techniques used by hackers
- What is phishing?
- 10 quick tips to identifying phishing emails
- What are you giving away on social media?
- The IT Pro Podcast: The psychology of security
- Have I Been Pwned: Check if your email has been compromised in a data breach
- LastPass hacked - what you should do
- What is two-factor authentication?
- Simplify cluster security at scale
- The IT Pro Podcast: The secret life of hackers
- How to check if your passwords have been stolen
- If not passwords then what?
- 4 quick tips to create an unbreakable password
- Apple releases open source tools for password manager developers
- HTTP vs HTTPS: What difference does it make to security?
- Most malware came through HTTPS connections in Q1 2020
- Wikipedia: John Titor
Get the ITPro. daily newsletter
Receive our latest news, industry updates, featured resources and more. Sign up today to receive our FREE report on AI cyber crime & security - newly updated for 2023.
ITPro is a global business technology website providing the latest news, analysis, and business insight for IT decision-makers. Whether it's cyber security, cloud computing, IT infrastructure, or business strategy, we aim to equip leaders with the data they need to make informed IT investments.