The IT Pro Podcast: Attack of the AI hackers
Why the machines really are coming to get you
Many people jokingly (and some non-so-jokingly) refer to the dangers posed by so-called ‘killer robots’. The truth is, these people are right - we are at risk from dangerous AI. It just might not come in the form you’d expect.
Businesses have been increasingly turning to AI to automate tedious, manual tasks and make them more efficient, but it turns out that hackers have been doing the same thing too. New developments in AI are allowing cyber criminals to launch larger, faster and more effective campaigns than ever before, and this week, we spoke to Darktrace director of threat hunting Max Heinemeyer to find out how and why.
We also discuss Microsoft’s very first foldable phone, the departure of one of the world’s oldest laptop companies, and why police use of facial recognition may be on the way out.
- Toshiba exits the laptop business after 35 years
- Police use of facial recognition ruled unlawful in the UK
- Microsoft's Surface Duo arrives 10 September
- Report: Microsoft Surface Neo delayed until 2021
- Do we need an algorithm police?
- How Europe can become a market leader in AI
- The IT Pro Podcast: Can AI ever be ethical?
- Robots are supposed to steal our jobs – so why haven’t they during the coronavirus crisis?
- How I learned to stop worrying and love the bot
- What is an artificial neural network?
- Home Office to scrap 'racist' AI tool for visa applications
- How to use machine learning and AI in cyber security
- Benefits of AI and machine learning for cloud security
- Four strategies organisations are using to combat cyber attacks
- The IT Pro Podcast: Bridging the gender data gap
- IT Pro Live: Adapting security to the ‘new normal’
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Four cyber security essentials that your board of directors wants to know
The insights to help you deliver what they needDownload now
Data: A resource much too valuable to leave unprotected
Protect your data to protect your companyDownload now
Improving cyber security for remote working
13 recommendations for security from any locationDownload now
Why CEOS should care about the move to SAP S/4HANA
And how they can accelerate business valueDownload now