The IT Pro Podcast: How do we fix security?
We discuss why firms keep making the same security mistakes with guests Graham Cluley and Stu Peck
Security is a constant consideration that presents issues for businesses but, sometimes, it seems like we've been battling the same problems for years. In the first episode of The IT Pro Podcast, we take a look at why organisations keep making the same mistakes, as well as tackling the role of fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) and discussing the threats posed by the looming skills gap.
Co-hosts Adam and Jane are joined by veteran security journalist and host of the Smashing Security podcast Graham Cluley and Stu Peck, ZeroDayLabs' head of cyber security strategy and co-founder of The Many Hats Club.
We also discuss what Facebook's lawsuit against NSO Group over WhatsApp hacking has to do with 'cyber bombs', what Twitter's decision to ban political advertising means for the social network's reputation, and how the French pre-empted the internet.
- US allies targeted by WhatsApp video hack
- Twitter bans political advertising from its platform
- ARPANET's first transmission is 50, but its influence is still felt today
- An inside job: The human factor of cybersecurity
- Stories from the front line: The secrets of the Red Team revealed
- UK government 'lacks urgency' in tackling cyber security skills gap
- What are the biggest career trends in cyber security?
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
How to scale your organisation in the cloud
How to overcome common scaling challenges and choose the right scalable cloud serviceDownload now
The people factor: A critical ingredient for intelligent communications
How to improve communication within your businessDownload now
Future of video conferencing
Optimising video conferencing features to achieve business goalsDownload now
Improving cyber security for remote working
13 recommendations for security from any locationDownload now