The IT Pro Podcast: Is it time to give up on the paperless office?
Getting rid of paper-based workflows is an almost impossible goal
One of the most persistent goals in business IT over the past twenty years has been to reach the mythical nirvana of the 'paperless office' - a utopia in which paper-based workflows are ditched in favour of digitising documents and records. However, despite the continuing sophistication of scanning and digital document management technology, this goal remains elusive.
But why does paper still hold sway over elements of modern business? This week, we're looking at why the idea of a paperless office remains so attractive, the practical considerations holding it back, and the reasons why a truly paperless office is likely to remain a pipe dream.
- What is the paperless office?
- A complete guide to document management systems
- Regtech and the elimination of paper
- Health department blasted for 'track record of failed NHS digital projects'
- Pick the perfect colour printer
- In search of the perfect scanner
- Printers: It's not easy being green
- How NHS Bedfordshire is building a paperless hospital
- The IT Pro Podcast: Digitising dinosaurs
- Panel Profile: Natural History Museum CIO Alison Davis
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
The definitive guide to warehouse efficiency
Get your free guide to creating efficiencies in the warehouseFree download
The total economic impact™ of Datto
Cost savings and business benefits of using Datto Integrated SolutionsDownload now
Three-step guide to modern customer experience
Support the critical role CX plays in your businessFree download
The global state of the channelDownload now