The IT Pro Podcast: Transforming air travel in a crisis
How the airline industry is using the pandemic to transform its IT
Of all the sectors impacted by the still-ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the air travel industry has been among the hardest hit. With international travel highly restricted and video conferences set to supplant a large amount of business meetings for the foreseeable future, the airline industry is having to re-assess its flight path.
Rather than sitting on its hands, however, the industry has been using this downtime to spin up a number of digital transformation initiatives, in the hope that when it does re-emerge, its operations will be more efficient, more cost-effective and more environmentally friendly. Joining us this week to discuss the sector’s plans is Pascal Buchner, CIO of the International Air Transport Association.
- What is digital transformation?
- Non voyage: Coronavirus, Brexit and the future of business travel
- Up in the air: Travel in the age of COVID-19
- Digital transformation? Don’t bother unless you plan to address risk
- How coronavirus has accelerated the digital transformation of Britain's public sector
- IT Pro Panel: The post-COVID future of tech conferences
- Why I’m getting cold feet over the lack of tech conferences
- Is the future of touchscreens touchless?
- What are biometrics?
- What is big data analytics?
- What is predictive analytics?
- Why predictive analytics is a top benefit of cloud for SMBs
- What is machine learning?
- Seven steps to GDPR compliance
- What is the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)?
- What is DevOps?
- DevOps for the enterprise
- The IT Pro Podcast: DevOps for fun and profit
- The IT Pro Podcast: The wonderful world of containers
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
How to scale your organisation in the cloud
How to overcome common scaling challenges and choose the right scalable cloud serviceDownload now
The people factor: A critical ingredient for intelligent communications
How to improve communication within your businessDownload now
Future of video conferencing
Optimising video conferencing features to achieve business goalsDownload now
Improving cyber security for remote working
13 recommendations for security from any locationDownload now