The IT Pro Podcast: Is the future multi-cloud?
We discuss the rise of multi-cloud, what it means for businesses, and which providers don't like to share
Cloud computing is obviously here to stay; the economic benefits and improved flexibility of cloud architectures are well-documented, but more and more companies are choosing to move to multi-cloud architectures, rather than relying on a single provider.
In this episode, Adam and Jane are joined by staff writer Bobby Hellard to look at the growing multi-cloud trend, including what makes a solid multi-cloud architecture, why it’s growing so quickly and the benefits it can have for businesses, as well as looking ahead to AWS’ annual conference and what role (if any) multi-cloud is likely to play in its plans.
Elsewhere, we talk about why the Conservative party has resurrected its 2025 full-fibre pledge, Tim Berners-Lee’s efforts to fix the internet and whether facial recognition can save Uber’s London operations.
Conservative broadband plans
- Conservatives resurrect 2025 full-fibre promise in 2019 manifesto
- Why did the government's 2025 full-fibre dream fail?
- Labour pledges free broadband through Openreach nationalisation
Tim Berners-Lee wants to fix the internet
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee champions new rules designed to 'fix the internet'
- Tim Berners-Lee wants us to build a better World Wide Web
Uber loses its London operating licence
- What is Google Anthos?
- What is multi-cloud?
- Multi-cloud vs hybrid cloud – what’s the difference?
- 85% of companies now operating in a multi-cloud environment
- Microsoft and Oracle bring multi-cloud alliance to the UK
- What to expect from AWS re:Invent
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Security analytics for your multi-cloud deployments
IBM Security QRadar SIEM solution briefDownload now
Five reasons to move to the cloud
Join the enterprises moving their workloads to the cloudDownload now
Architecting hybrid IT and edge for digital advantage
Why business leaders should consider a hybrid IT strategyDownload now
Six reasons to accelerate remote asset monitoring with AI
How to optimise resources, increase productivity, and grow profit margins with AIDownload now