The IT Pro Podcast: How analytics can keep your business afloat
We live in turbulent times, but data can help organisations keep their heads above water
Once-in-a-lifetime events are, as the name would suggest, very few and far between. Those that are completely unforeseen are even fewer. Unlike the 2008 economic crisis or the dot-com bubble before it, the COVID-19 pandemic is one of those occasions when everyone was taken by surprise and the economic and social implications have already been significant, with more aftershocks predicted.
For businesses, this is an extremely tough time and it’s hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel, particularly as things as fundamental as how and where we live and work are being disrupted on a seemingly permanent basis.
Data analytics, however, may hold the answer not only to how businesses can survive these turbulent times, but even reinvent themselves and thrive. This week, Adam and Jane are joined by Libby Duane, co-founder and CCO of Alteryx, to discuss this and how organisations can make better use of data analytics in the longer term.
In the news this week, some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley have been getting a grilling from the House Judiciary Committee’s antitrust panel, Intel has said goodbye to its chief engineering officer following further delays to its next generation of 7nm chips, while 11 UK Councils are being awarded £800,000 to build on digital services created during the pandemic.
- 4 Big Tech CEOs grilled by House Judiciary Committee's antitrust panel
- Intel ousts hardware chief following 7nm woes
- UK councils awarded £800,000 to develop innovative services
- Bridging the data gap to digitise Britain's railway system
- How coronavirus has accelerated the digital transformation of Britain's public sector
- Why humans and machines work better together
- Businesses warned coronavirus disruption 'could last a decade'
- Four business benefits of AI-powered analytics
- Why the coronavirus pandemic could prove fertile ground for startups
- Riding the business rollercoaster safely
- How Bank of America uses AI to improve customer service and take on competitors
- The IT Pro Podcast: Do you need a CDO?
- The IT Pro Podcast: Digitising dinosaurs
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to The Business Briefing
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
How to scale your organisation in the cloud
How to overcome common scaling challenges and choose the right scalable cloud serviceDownload now
The people factor: A critical ingredient for intelligent communications
How to improve communication within your businessDownload now
Future of video conferencing
Optimising video conferencing features to achieve business goalsDownload now
Improving cyber security for remote working
13 recommendations for security from any locationDownload now