The IT Pro Podcast: Do you need a CDO?
As data becomes more important, should you invest in a dedicated position?
Whether it’s the new oil, the new gold, or the new depleted uranium, most businesses agree that data is becoming more and more critical to continued success. Organisations across the world are investing in their data competency, and throughout this process, the office of the CDO has been thrust to the fore.
But what exactly does a CDO do? What impact can they have on business? And how much of a priority should it be for businesses to appoint one? To answer these questions, and more, we talked to Caroline Carruthers, author, data expert and one half of data consultancy Carruthers and Jackson. Caroline is also delivering keynote speech at our upcoming virtual conference, IT Pro Live.
Also in this episode, we discuss Amazon and IBM’s decisions to limit their sale of facial recognition technology to police forces, what IBM’s cloud outage means for smaller companies, and whether a recent healthcare data leak could put an early end to video consultations.
- IBM to kill its own facial recognition technology
- Amazon halts police use of its facial recognition tech
- IBM Cloud suffers major global outage
- Babylon health admits to leak of GP video consultations
- What is big data?
- What is data analytics?
- How data science is transforming business
- The IT Pro Podcast: Bridging the gender data gap
- Using Big Data to transform business processes
- CDO job description: What does a CDO do?
- Need a chief data officer? Maybe you should rent instead of hire
- Panel Profile: Addison Lee CDO Graeme McDermott
- The IT Pro Podcast: How to build a data-driven business
- IT Pro Panel: Building a data-driven business
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
- Register for IT Pro Live
Accelerating healthcare transformation through patient-centred medtech solutions
Seize the digital transformation opportunities to streamline patient care and optimise patient outcomesFree Download
Big payoffs from big bets in AI-powered automation
Automation disruptors realise 1.5 x higher revenue growthFree Download
Hyperscaler cloud service providers top ten
Why it's important for companies to consider hyperscaler cloud service providers, and why they matterFree Download
Strategic app modernisation drives digital transformation
Address business needs both now and in the futureFree Download