The IT Pro Podcast: When bots go bad
Chatbots may be the future, but they’re no substitute for genuine intelligence
The growing field of AI development has brought us many wonderful advances, but one of the areas in which it’s becoming most visible is customer service. Chatbots have now become so ubiquitous that it’s often difficult to get through to a real person at all.
However, while chatbots are faster and more convenient than a human operator, in theory, the reality is often somewhat less than ideal. In this episode, we’re exploring why chatbots can be so frustrating to interact with, how to make them more useful, and the role they’ll play in the future of customer experience.
- What is a chatbot?
- The IT Pro Podcast: Thinking differently about security
- Eight arrested over Royal Mail ‘smishing’ scam
- Is AI making us lazy?
- What is the 'personalisation of IT'?
- 10 quick tips for identifying phishing emails
- The IT Pro Podcast: Can AI ever be ethical?
- Is a bot your next employee?
- The ethical implications of conversational AI
- Tweet of the Living Dead
- How Bank of America uses AI to improve customer service and take on competitors
- What is VoIP? How to choose the perfect system
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
IT best practices for accelerating the journey to carbon neutrality
Considerations and pragmatic solutions for IT executives driving sustainable ITFree Download
The Total Economic Impact™ of IBM Spectrum Virtualize
Cost savings and business benefits enabled by storage built with IBMSpectrum VirtualizeFree download
Using application migration and modernisation to supercharge business agility and resiliency
Modernisation can propel your digital transformation to the next generationFree Download
The strategic CFO
Why finance transformation propels business valueFree Download