The IT Pro Podcast: Cyber security post-Brexit
Changes are on the way - but how will they affect IT security?
Unsurprisingly, the issue of Brexit has been somewhat pushed out of the public consciousness by the ongoing coronavirus crisis - but that doesn’t mean it’s gone away. In less than four months, the transition period will end, and on 31 December, Britain will officially leave the EU. This will have wide-reaching implications in a number of areas, but there are still significant questions to be answered around how it will affect the IT security of UK companies.
Issues like the availability of security talent, the integrity of supply chains, intelligence-sharing and more are all going to be impacted when the transition period ends. But what changes can businesses expect to see, and what can they do to prepare themselves for them? In this episode, Adam is joined once again by special guest co-host Keumars Afifi-Sabet to discuss.
- GDPR and Brexit: How will one affect the other?
- UK data laws after Brexit: Your questions answered
- EU fires warning shot to UK over post-Brexit US data-sharing
- The IT Pro Podcast: Beyond Brexit
- UK government sets aside £235m for Brexit IT spending
- Non voyage: Coronavirus, Brexit and the future of business travel
- The EU calls for cyber security pact with post-Brexit UK
- Brexit Britain will miss out on EU's €1.8 billion cybersecurity funding
- Small businesses ‘unprepared’ for no-deal Brexit
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
- Get in touch with the podcast
How to scale your organisation in the cloud
How to overcome common scaling challenges and choose the right scalable cloud serviceDownload now
The people factor: A critical ingredient for intelligent communications
How to improve communication within your businessDownload now
Future of video conferencing
Optimising video conferencing features to achieve business goalsDownload now
Improving cyber security for remote working
13 recommendations for security from any locationDownload now