The IT Pro Podcast: Coding our way out of recession
How the COVID crisis could lead to a startup boom
It’s no secret that there’s a recession looming on the horizon as a result of COVID-19, and increasing numbers of people are finding themselves out of work. There may be an up-side to this seemingly bleak scenario, however: It could be the perfect environment for creating an unprecedented startup boom.
As part of this discussion, we dig into the historical links between economic turbulence and startup success, how the tech tools used to deal with coronavirus can accelerate new businesses, and why the surge in demand for tech skills has made it easier than ever to start a new company.
In this week’s news section; the Computer Misuse Act may be starting to show its age, Matt Hancock looks to retire the humble pager, and Microsoft promises free up-skilling for all.
- UK gov urged to overhaul "unfit for purpose" Computer Misuse Act
- What is the Computer Misuse Act?
- NHSX offers £3m tender to phase out pagers
- Microsoft will upskill millions of workers for a post-pandemic future
- UK government launches £200m package for R&D SMBs
- Amazon launches accelerator for UK startups and SMBs
- UK tech sector in a position of strength as lockdown lifts
- Apple veteran plans to invest €80 million in pandemic-proof startups
- TLA: From Brexit to the coronavirus, startups need more support
- Outreach: The startup that came back from the brink
- Tech startups to lead the UK out of lockdown, experts suggest
- Top tech considerations for startups
- Learn to code for free: The best UK coding and app development courses
- UK government is offering free cyber security and coding courses
- Four business benefits of low-code
- How startup founders stay motivated
- What makes a successful startup?
- Building a cloud MVP
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
How to scale your organisation in the cloud
How to overcome common scaling challenges and choose the right scalable cloud serviceDownload now
The people factor: A critical ingredient for intelligent communications
How to improve communication within your businessDownload now
Future of video conferencing
Optimising video conferencing features to achieve business goalsDownload now
Improving cyber security for remote working
13 recommendations for security from any locationDownload now