The IT Pro Podcast: Looking forward to 2020
With 2019 behind us, we predict what trends the IT industry can expect over the next year
Between GDPR, Brexit, election fever and a slew of security breaches, it’s safe to say that 2019 was another fairly action-packed year for the IT industry. With all that out of the way, however, what can we expect from 2020?
In this week’s IT Pro Podcast, we’re discussing what this year’s defining trends and themes are likely to be and predicting the key issues that technology professionals will need to be aware of, including Brexit, AI and the shifting vendor landscape. What’s going to be driving the conversation over the next 12 months – and how can IT managers best prepare for it?
- How bad will Brexit be for tech?
- GDPR and Brexit: How will one affect the other?
- The EU calls for cyber security pact with post-Brexit UK
- UK-US post-Brexit data flow agreement could water down regulation standards
- UK firms may soon find it impossible to legally receive data from the EU
- Brexit could lead to massive IT job boom
- Small businesses are looking to expand to mitigate Brexit impact
- Now is the time to embrace remote working
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Xerox to pursue hostile HP takeover after $30bn takeover gambit fails
- IBM snaps up Red Hat for $34 billion
- IBM goes cloud-native with Red Hat OpenShift
- How to make AI work for you
- How AI can save bananas... and deliver our shopping
- If you’re cynical about AI, I second that emotion
- Is a bot your next employee?
- Could a chatbot serve my customers better while freeing up my staff?
Regional tech hubs
- Manchester chases London to be the next tech hub
- Leeds is building a tech hub to rival San Francisco
- Reading, Leeds, and Cardiff are the cities best at attracting cyber security talent
- Britain's South West cities are the best places to launch startups
- Top tech considerations for startups
- Coworking spaces for startups - why should you use one?
- EE expands 5G to nine new UK towns and cities
- What is the 5G health scare?
- What is 5G and how far are we from rollout?
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
IT best practices for accelerating the journey to carbon neutrality
Considerations and pragmatic solutions for IT executives driving sustainable ITFree Download
The Total Economic Impact™ of IBM Spectrum Virtualize
Cost savings and business benefits enabled by storage built with IBMSpectrum VirtualizeFree download
Using application migration and modernisation to supercharge business agility and resiliency
Modernisation can propel your digital transformation to the next generationFree Download
The strategic CFO
Why finance transformation propels business valueFree Download