The IT Pro Podcast: Turning developers into craftspeople
Making software is about much more than pushing code, explains Raspberry Pi founder Eben Upton
Software is eating the world, and the developers who build it have been called ‘the new kingmakers’ – but creating a truly engaged dev team is about much more than just finding people who are able to hammer out code. The best development organisations are made up of brilliant, passionate individuals for whom programming isn’t just a job, but a craft.
In this episode of the IT Pro Podcast, we’re joined by Eben Upton, founder of the Raspberry Pi Foundation, to discuss whether old devs can learn new tricks, how Raspberry Pi’s development team has grown beyond his expectations, and why the best developers are the ones that make your decisions for you.
- Software developers versus software engineers
- How to become a software developer
- Raspberry Pi: Top projects to try yourself
- What is the Raspberry Pi Pico?
- Raspberry Pi 400 review: The ultimate portable Pi
- IT Pro Live: One year of Raspberry Pi 4
- The ultimate guide to becoming a programmer
- The IT Pro Podcast: Picking a programming language
- The IT Pro Podcast: Why everyone should be using TypeScript
- What is open source?
- 7 skills you need to become a front-end developer
- Retrain to be a software developer to future-proof your career
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
How to choose an AI vendor
Five key things to look for in an AI vendorDownload now
The UK 2020 Databerg report
Cloud adoption trends in the UK and recommendations for cloud migrationDownload now
2021 state of email security report: Ransomware on the rise
Securing the enterprise in the COVID worldDownload now
The impact of AWS in the UK
How AWS is powering Britain's fastest-growing companiesDownload now