The IT Pro Podcast: Can VR unite the hybrid workplace?
How one company is using virtual reality to bring its staff together
Organisations all over the world are currently grappling with the challenges of how to adapt their culture to a new hybrid-first model. While many potential solutions have been posited, one organisation is taking a somewhat different approach; distributed HR platform Remote.com has turned to virtual reality technology to unite its employees, not just for meetings and brainstorms, but for social and team-building events.
This week, we’re joined by Remote’s director of people, Nadia Vatalidis, to explain how the company’s using VR to bring its workforce together without having to rely on video calls. We discuss some of the challenges of rolling out VR collaboration across a business, as well as the advantages it has brought.
- How do I best support my remote workers?
- Three keys to a long-term remote working strategy
- Remote working: Are you ready for the new normal?
- How to manage a distributed team
- Out of office - on forever: Meet the companies leaving the office for good
- How to manage people successfully from a distance
- 12 must-have tools for working from home
- Onboarding during the pandemic and beyond
- IT Pro Panel: The loneliness of the long-distance worker
- How do IT leaders prepare for a refusal to return to the office?
- IT Pro Panel: Why CIOs have embraced hybrid working
- Transforming training with virtual reality
- IT Pro Live: How virtual reality will power Workplace 2.0
- I had a meeting in VR, and it felt like the future
- The IT Pro Podcast: Will VR ever be mainstream?
- Why AR, not VR, is the next big thing in business
- Mixed Reality: How to augment your IT
- Why video conferencing is so tiring and what you can do about it
- Game on: How playing video games could level up your career
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
IT best practices for accelerating the journey to carbon neutrality
Considerations and pragmatic solutions for IT executives driving sustainable ITFree Download
The Total Economic Impact™ of IBM Spectrum Virtualize
Cost savings and business benefits enabled by storage built with IBMSpectrum VirtualizeFree download
Using application migration and modernisation to supercharge business agility and resiliency
Modernisation can propel your digital transformation to the next generationFree Download
The strategic CFO
Why finance transformation propels business valueFree Download