Collaboration is one of the key tenets of modern business, but it’s a term that covers a multitude of sins. Five office-based colleagues working on a project via a cloud-based platform is collaboration, but so is two individuals in different locations using a messaging platform. It encompasses basic file sharing, as well as granting partners and contractors limited or temporary access to data.
In this morass, what room is there for existing technology? Does email, the workhorse of business communication, still play a role?
In the latest episode of the IT Pro Podcast, Adam and Jane are joined by Slack head of customer success Chris Mills to discuss the state of collaboration in the workplace.
We also discuss Apple’s £48,000 Mac Pro, the DfT’s big analytics plans for transport data, and the search proclivities of the British public in 2019.
- Google reveals UK’s most searched for terms in 2019
- Apple’s Mac Pro powerhouse available to order in December
- DfT seeks tech partner to help develop transport data mapping tool
- The best email sign-off, and 14 to avoid
- Slack's new integrations signal the end to war on email
- Email isn't dying - it's about to show its true value
- The Dos and Don’ts of collaboration
- The importance of effective collaboration
- Four tips for effective business collaboration
- Collaboration isn’t just about tech
- The role of collaboration in digital transformation
- How CIOs can build effective cross-business collaboration
- IT Pro Panel: Why collaboration platforms are so hard to deploy
Get the ITPro. daily newsletter
Receive our latest news, industry updates, featured resources and more. Sign up today to receive our FREE report on AI cyber crime & security - newly updated for 2023.
ITPro is a global business technology website providing the latest news, analysis, and business insight for IT decision-makers. Whether it's cyber security, cloud computing, IT infrastructure, or business strategy, we aim to equip leaders with the data they need to make informed IT investments.