The IT Pro Podcast: The tech keeping your telly on
We dive into the unique challenges of running a satellite TV network
When you stop to think about it, satellite TV is an astonishing technical achievement - a communications relay in orbit around the planet which allows us to beam live footage from across the world directly into our homes. While this is a staggering accomplishment, however, there’s more to running a satellite television network than the satellites themselves.
In this week’s episode, we sit down with Peter Simpson, CTO of UK satellite network Freesat, to discuss the challenges involved, how to balance the technical requirements of broadcast TV and on-demand streaming, and why data is so essential for the continued success of the industry.
- Blaze your career path with these 7 high-tech freelance jobs
- Why customer experience is a top opportunity for growth
- The IT Pro Podcast: How analytics can keep your business afloat
- Why digital experience is vital for success
- How do you build a great customer experience?
- What is big data analytics?
- IT Pro Panel: Defining DevOps
- Why predictive analytics is a top benefit of cloud for SMBs
- How to become a DevOps engineer
- The IT Pro Podcast: DevOps for fun and profit
- Structured vs unstructured data management
- ITV and Google Cloud partner to fortify streaming capabilities
- Infrastructure is everywhere — and so is your data
- IT Pro Live: Scaling enterprise DevOps with a platform team approach
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
Unlocking collaboration: Making software work better together
How to improve collaboration and agility with the right techDownload now
Four steps to field service excellence
How to thrive in the experience economyDownload now
Six things a developer should know about Postgres
Why enterprises are choosing PostgreSQLDownload now
The path to CX excellence for B2B services
The four stages to thrive in the experience economyDownload now