The IT Pro Podcast: Why data warehousing doesn’t work
Boosting data literacy is about more than just putting your data into one big pot
Data is taking on an increasingly important role within organisations around the world, but IT leaders have traditionally struggled to make staff truly understand or engage with analytics and business intelligence. There are many options for how to approach this particular challenge, but for Nationwide’s business intelligence team, the answer lies in building a culture of self-service data consumption.
This week, we’re talking to the leader of Nationwide’s business intelligence solutions Centre of Excellence, Richard Speigal, to find out how data literacy programmes and a federated model are helping the organisation’s staff to adopt data specialisations within their own teams - as well as how BI divisions can embed some of these practices into their own workflows.
- IT Pro Panel: Building a data-first culture
- What is Business Intelligence (BI)?
- What is a business intelligence analyst?
- Addressing the data literacy problem in the financial services sector
- Best data visualisation tips and tools
- How to measure data quality
- How to become a data scientist
- Home Office seeks AWS and Windows experts for criminal data lake
- Poor data is killing the smart city dream
- Infrastructure is everywhere — and so is your data
- Cloud can help you understand data – but only if you plan first
- The Locus Charter – a sign of the times
- The new generation of technologists
- Yes, you can use Excel as an enterprise database tool
- Need Excel training? Try these 10 cheap or free options
- NHS Test and Trace IT blunder blamed on Microsoft Excel glitch
- Why COVID-19 could spur a learning revolution
- The IT Pro Podcast: Data-driven doggos
- What can companies learn from object storage pioneers?
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Google Podcasts
- Subscribe to The IT Pro Podcast on Spotify
- Subscribe to the IT Pro newsletter
- Subscribe to IT Pro 20/20
The ultimate law enforcement agency guide to going mobile
Best practices for implementing a mobile device programFree download
The business value of Red Hat OpenShift
Platform cost savings, ROI, and the challenges and opportunities of Red Hat OpenShiftFree download
Managing security and risk across the IT supply chain: A practical approach
Best practices for IT supply chain securityFree download
Digital remote monitoring and dispatch services’ impact on edge computing and data centres
Seven trends redefining remote monitoring and field service dispatch service requirementsFree download